The position will report directly to the President & Chief Executive Officer in our Honolulu Corporate Headquarters and lead a team of hospitality sales and marketing professionals to manage, plan, direct and implement the sales and marketing activities for two separate, yet connected brands – Castle Resorts & Hotels and Castle Vacation Rentals Hawaii.
Responsible for the strategic planning, development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all Castle sales and marketing activities for each brand and individual properties/market segments to meet and exceed revenue objectives. Experience with the vacation rental and resort condominium markets are key.
Areas of responsibility include, but is not limited to brand strategy, strategic planning, sales management, advertising, CRM strategies, technology, public relations, pricing strategies, promotions, electronic distribution, reservations and integrated marketing initiatives.
Position is a member of the Senior Management Committee, which is the policy making entity of the company. Interfaces with other company disciplines including Operations, Accounting, Finance, General Counsel, Administration and the Board of Directors.
Assists in new property acquisitions and owner relations. A tough minded, results oriented, involved, communicative leadership style of management with strong planning, directing, problem identifying and solving required. Utilize a team management, participative style and approach.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Drive topline incremental revenues and maximize all ancillary fees.
- Develop and implement comprehensive annual market plans and marketing budgets for each company brand to meet and exceed revenue targets for all Castle properties.
- Develop and execute brand strategies to build brand awareness consistent with brand strategies.
- Manages and directs the sales, marketing and reservations team to meet and exceed targeted revenue objectives.
- Maintain and promote a teamwork environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers and direct reports.
- Establish specific revenue and marketing goals by market segment and distribution channel with specific objectives, strategies, tactics, measurement and budgets to achieve and/or exceed revenue targets. Develop a strategic approach to marketing with a close loop marketing process to constantly monitor progress against predetermined goals.
- Establish and implement a comprehensive sales and marketing management process that provides measurement, tracking and accountability of all sales and marketing activities.
- Participate in the Strategic Planning Committee to guide overall company strategic growth plans.
- Develop, execute and control annual and marketing budgets tied to strategic brand goals and objectives.
- Deploy ongoing product development to identify new sources of revenue and business opportunities.
- Develop and implement individual property market plans for priority properties and as needed, that reflect the unique market attributes and unique selling points (USP) of each property.
- Deploy channel distribution management to include electronic and other traditional distribution channels to optimize revenue opportunities for all Castle properties.
- Establish sales incentive plans tied to specific, predetermined criteria to assist in exceeding targeted revenue objectives.
- Develop and implement a Public Relations and Corporate Communications Plan to achieve company objectives, brand development and individual property needs.
- Plan, develop, implement and measure all travel trade and consumer marketing programs and initiatives to achieve revenue targets for each segment.
- Develop, maintain and solidify key industry relationship and partnerships to leverage for Castle marketing initiatives.
- Oversee trade shows, consumer shows and sales promotions with sales team on behalf of all properties and to achieve corporate objectives.
- Active participation in key trade organizations to provide Castle brand exposure and to identify and optimize opportunities.
- Establish and promote excellent owner relations through direct participation in owner meetings, written sales and marketing updates, etc.
- Manage the reservation department to ensure optimize efficiency for the department.
- Plan and coordinate sales and marketing meetings, ongoing sales and marketing reviews and other communication meetings as needed and required.
- Responsible for the selection, training, development, supervision, motivation, accountability and leadership of the sales, marketing and reservation staff.
- Develop a corporate market segmentation and distribution channel performance reporting system to develop reporting standards and performance benchmarks.
- Participant in new property acquisition efforts and perform as a key member of the acquisition team.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience: Ten (10) or more years’ experience in leading, directing, planning and execution of a sales and/or marketing department at a corporate level involving hotel, vacation rental or travel industry operations. Track record of leading and inspiring teams to meet or exceed sales goals. Experience in meeting high performance sales, promotional and marketing standards. Experienced in developing and executing marketing plans and strategic planning. Must have a good working knowledge of Hawaii’s travel industry, distribution systems, hotel and the vacation rental industries. Strong organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of Hawaii’s hospitality industry, distribution channels and industry relationships. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deliver effective oral presentations to owners and internal departments. A strategic thinker and demonstrated creativity in finding ways to meet and exceed revenue and sales objectives. High degree of practical marketing experience and brand development. Knowledge in the preparation of marketing budgets and segmentation forecasts. Extensive knowledge of forecasting sales and interpreting/analyzing results to plan and conducting budgetary analysis. Extensive knowledge of sales skills, marketing skills, revenue management, recruiting, supervising, training and motivating managers. Understanding of CRES/PMS technology and third-party connectivity. Knowledge of the vacation rental industry and latest trends.
- Education: Extensive knowledge of Hawaii’s hospitality industry, distribution channels and industry relationships. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deliver effective oral presentations to owners and internal departments. A strategic thinker and demonstrated creativity in finding ways to meet and exceed revenue and sales objectives. High degree of practical marketing experience and brand development. Knowledge in the preparation of marketing budgets and segmentation forecasts. Extensive knowledge of forecasting sales and interpreting/analyzing results to plan and conducting budgetary analysis. Extensive knowledge of sales skills, marketing skills, revenue management, recruiting, supervising, training and motivating managers. Understanding of CRES/PMS technology and third-party connectivity. Knowledge of the vacation rental industry and latest trends.
How to Apply:
If you feel you have these qualities and would like to be considered for the position listed above please send your resume to email@example.com